Become a Volunteer
We are recruiting volunteers for the 2019 summer season to assist visitors in learning about the Presque Isle Lighthouse.
The lighthouse and tower will be open to the public 7 days a week during the summer season.
What to expect as a volunteer:
- Volunteer opportunities include welcoming visitors, guiding tours, operating gift shop cash register, selling merchandise and tickets to climb Tower, or assisting with education programs.
- Each volunteer will receive a Volunteer Handbook, which includes complete guidelines and lighthouse history.
- Volunteers can sign up for a weekly shift(s) from 9:45 am to 1:15 pm or 1:15 pm to 5:00 pm by completing the volunteer application and calendar. If you are able to commit to a particular day and time, it would be helpful and appreciated.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- For volunteers that have an interest in working the tower, oil room or lake room, scripts will be provided to support the presentation in those locations.
Get an Application
Four ways to get an application:
- Fill in your name and email address below and an application and calendar will be sent to your email address.
- Call 814-833-3604 and leave you name and mailing address on the answering machine. An application and calendar will be mailed to you. (Messages are checked daily during the summer season and regularly during the off-season.)
- Pick-up forms at the Presque Isle Lighthouse during the hours of operation.
- Download and print the volunteer contact form and calendar below and mail or return to the Lighthouse.
Mail or email the completed application and calendar:
Mary Ambrose, Lighthouse Volunteer Coordinator
Tom Ridge Environmental Center
301 Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
The volunteer coordinator will call you to discuss the summer schedule. If you have any questions, please call 814-833-3604.
Volunteer Interest Form
Fields marked with * are required.