Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a reservation?
- Advance reservations are NOT required for any tower tour.
- Reservations are recommended for the In-Depth and Specialty Tours. Book your tour today.
How many stairs to the tower?
- 78 stairs to the top of the Presque Isle Lighthouse
- 69 stairs to the top of the Land Lighthouse
Are the lighthouses accessibile?
- Presque Isle Lighthouse has an accessible entrance to the house with a video tour of the house and tower located in the Kitchen. The tower and other spaces in the home are not accessible.
- The Land Lighthouse is not accessible.
Can I just walk around the grounds?
- Yes, the grounds of all three lighthouses are free and open to the public. See our hours page for more information.
- An audio tour is available for guests who wish to explore the grounds on a self-paced tour
Do you have a gift shop on site?
- Both Presque Isle and Erie Land Lighthouses have gift shops.
- Only select items are available at the Erie Land Lighthouse. To explore all of our products, visit the Welcome Center at the Presque Isle Lighthouse.
What happens in bad weather?
- No one is permitted to climb the tower in heavy rain or if thunder and lightning are present in the area.
- Guests who pre-purchased tickets will receive a full refund in the case of a site closure due to weather.